This property ensures that bacteria do not proliferate on the surface, providing active protection for the material in any of its applications.
This protection is effective throughout the life and normal use of the material, and protects the entire volume, including edges and hollows.
- US Environmental Protection Agengy (EPA).
- US Food and Drugs Administration (FDA).
- European Directive 98/8/EC and Royal Decree 1054/2002 concerning the trade of biocidal products.
- EC 1935/2004 Regulation on materials and items intended to come into contact with food.
- Directive 2002/72/EC relating to plastic materials intended to come into contact with food. Additives in the positive list of approved materials.
- Positive evaluation of the additives by the European Food Safety Autority (EFSA) to establish specific migration limit.
- Overall and specific migration of biocides in food below the safety limit set by the EFSA as tested by the directive 2002/72/EC issued.